• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Docklands Light Railway - Recruiting Passenger Service Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Good luck everyone - you'll love working on the DLR should you get a role.
 

Anthonyekwe

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
32
Hey joeynova 27
Do you know what the process is.....is it the usual trsts and then interview?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry i meant tests
 

Anthonyekwe

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
32
Does anyone that works at DLR know if the shift work is a 5 day week and is overtime easy to come by?
 

joeynova27

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
87
Loads of over time available currently.

Shifts usually 4 or 5 on with 2 off. One 3 day weekend per month.

I'm a PSA
 

Anthonyekwe

Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
32
Thanks joeynova I have so much more questions but ill wait to see if im short listed first lol usually companies prefer to recruit within rather than externally for these kind of jobs.
do you have any rough idea when they expect people to start?
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Thanks joeynova I have so much more questions but ill wait to see if im short listed first lol usually companies prefer to recruit within rather than externally for these kind of jobs.
do you have any rough idea when they expect people to start?

Normally that would apply but theres not many other roles within DLR for them to 'move up' to the PSA role if you see what I mean, whereas with jobs like drivers there is plenty of scope for grades furtehr down to progress.

Theres plenty of overtime too and I think they would be looking to start in Jan the training as they are going for a whole new roster and service pattern in Feb 2014.
 

theageofthetra

Established Member
Joined
27 May 2012
Messages
3,565
Location
Beckenham
Certainly looks interesting. Got my application in before it closed. Does your location have any bearing on the sift? I am only 10 mins from Lewisham so hopefully am ok. Out of interest do all shifts start at Poplar? and if so can staff park there if on early/lates? Good luck to anyone applying.
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Staff can park at Poplar yes and also Beckton where a lot of ths shifts start and finish when on Early/Lates.

A lot of the day time shifts start around Poplar station where the staff just swap over. I doubt your location will matter - just the need to be at either depot for around 0350 - we live in Walthamstow and thats no issue for me lass to get there.
 

Akuma

New Member
Joined
18 Nov 2013
Messages
1
Location
London
Hi, I also applied for this role.

Besides the automated email to confirm your application has been received,
has anyone heard back from them yet ?
 

mresh91

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
161
Well I got my rejection e-mail today. So I'm gathering the decision would've already been made today. Those that received interviews or haven't received a rejection e-mail... well done and good luck!
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Sorry to hear that you two - I doubt there would have been that many internal candidates as from what I can tell most of the roles are pretty well paid over there anyway so a PSA wouldnt be a step up if you see what I mean - but there would have been a LOT of people applying for such a role.

Keep your chin up and keep trying.
 

mresh91

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
161
Cheers for the kind words Clip, I'll be sure to come back stronger and try again if the opportunity arises.

As for the amount of people that applied, I'm pretty sure the ad was up for less than 72hrs, possibly less than 48hrs. It was pulled earlier than the forecasted date. How many applications do you think they could've received in that time frame?
 

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
Its hard to say but given the job and the pay they probably set a cut off point for applications at say - 500 - 1000 - then closed it off. Remember they have to view all applications, interview & test, then train them all up on all aspects of driving the things and CS skills along with ticketing(Ok its Oyster but still) and generally before the new timetable starts in Feb 2014. That isnt leaving them much time so I reckon a cut off point was created, ad pulled then they started sifting the applications.

Thats only my thoughts on it but seems about right.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top