EastisECML
Member
- Joined
- 26 Sep 2018
- Messages
- 198
Do you think Leeds - Wetherby - Harrogate - Ripon - Northallerton will ever happen? Would such a line be served by extending Leeds suburban trains to terminate at Northallerton?
I'm very interested to see if they can manage Newcastle - York - Leeds in 60 minutes. Using a highly scientific method of measuring the distance of the current line using the Google Maps measuring tool and adding cut offs from Chester Le Street - Carrville - Ferryhill - Darlington, Croft curve to south of Northallerton and extending the HS2 branch all of the way into York as well as a chord into Leeds the distance can be cut down to 162.87 km / 101.2 miles. That seems very achievable with only a stop at York and 225 km/h speeds, without cut offs, I can't imagine that is attainable?
Edit: Without a Durham cut off it's only 6 km extra. I'd just like to see the opportunity taken to leave space at Chester Le Street for more stopping trains there. Even if it's just a shuttle from Newcastle that calls at Team Valley.
I'm very interested to see if they can manage Newcastle - York - Leeds in 60 minutes. Using a highly scientific method of measuring the distance of the current line using the Google Maps measuring tool and adding cut offs from Chester Le Street - Carrville - Ferryhill - Darlington, Croft curve to south of Northallerton and extending the HS2 branch all of the way into York as well as a chord into Leeds the distance can be cut down to 162.87 km / 101.2 miles. That seems very achievable with only a stop at York and 225 km/h speeds, without cut offs, I can't imagine that is attainable?
Edit: Without a Durham cut off it's only 6 km extra. I'd just like to see the opportunity taken to leave space at Chester Le Street for more stopping trains there. Even if it's just a shuttle from Newcastle that calls at Team Valley.
Last edited: