Since the company operating the trains is often legally different to their parent, but still owned by them, do their staff still benefit from staff travel?
For example, GWR is run by First Greater Western Ltd. The in turn is owned by First Group. So do First Group (head office, not necessarily bus staff) staff get the same travel allowances as the people who work under the GWR brand?
I know this may vary. I could've said do Keolis staff get staff travel on Govia services, or Stagecoach HQ staff on VTEC.
But any experience/knowledge would be appreciated.
For example, GWR is run by First Greater Western Ltd. The in turn is owned by First Group. So do First Group (head office, not necessarily bus staff) staff get the same travel allowances as the people who work under the GWR brand?
I know this may vary. I could've said do Keolis staff get staff travel on Govia services, or Stagecoach HQ staff on VTEC.
But any experience/knowledge would be appreciated.