• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do they have to provide me with a bus/taxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedge Fund

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2024
Messages
59
Location
London
I’m currently stuck on an LNER train at York and I need some advice please!

I buy advance tickets for my usual journey which is:

Northern:
Wetheral to Carlisle

Avanti:
Carlisle to Euston.

Yesterday, I had to use the ECML instead (due to the derailment) using my already purchased tickets. It was all fine.

National Rail website said tickets were being accepted on Northern for a journey east to Newcastle instead of West to carlisle, and down the WCML via LNER instead of Avanti, and the same in reverse for the trip home.

I’m now on the hugely delayed return journey via LNER, which has just terminated at York due to a total signalling failure and no trains allowed to travel north.

They MAY have another train travelling north soon, but even if that happens, I’ll miss the last train out of Newcastle to Wetheral.

In my situation (travelling on tickets being currently accepted by other TOC), what rights do I have to ensure that someone gets me to my destination station of Wetheral?

I will either end up stuck here at York, or at Newcastle.

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,156
Alternative transport or a hotel should be arranged.

I would speak to LNER staff at York asap and seek their advice.
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,804
Location
UK
Yes, the ticket acceptance means your ticket became valid via alternative routes/operators - so you are still entitled to the same rights in the event of disruption (e.g. onward transport or overnight accommodation) as any other ticket holder.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top