E_Reeves
Established Member
Hi everyone,
Just wondering, a few months ago when I was in carlisle, Duchess of Sutherland pulled in on a steam railtour. The train terminated in Carlisle and therefore gained another headcode before moving to some sidings. I saw one of the crew on the loco open up a cupboard and fiddle with something in there for a while. Would this have been the GSM-R or do steam locos not have this?
On a similar note, do steam locos have AWS and if they do surely they wouldn't be able to hear the bell/horn?
Any comments on this matter?
Thanks
Just wondering, a few months ago when I was in carlisle, Duchess of Sutherland pulled in on a steam railtour. The train terminated in Carlisle and therefore gained another headcode before moving to some sidings. I saw one of the crew on the loco open up a cupboard and fiddle with something in there for a while. Would this have been the GSM-R or do steam locos not have this?
On a similar note, do steam locos have AWS and if they do surely they wouldn't be able to hear the bell/horn?
Any comments on this matter?
Thanks