• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do East Coast and FGW share customer service centres?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pethadine82

On Moderation
Joined
16 Jun 2012
Messages
283
I was watching the channel 5 documentary on FGW and noticed that the customer service centre is in Plymouth. I also know that East Coast customer service is in Plymouth and they have a very similar address.
Does anyone know if First Great Western carry this service out of East Coast.
I have also noticed that FCC have customer relations address at this same location.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

merlodlliw

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2009
Messages
5,852
Location
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
I was watching the channel 5 documentary on FGW and noticed that the customer service centre is in Plymouth. I also know that East Coast customer service is in Plymouth and they have a very similar address.
Does anyone know if First Great Western carry this service out of East Coast.
I have also noticed that FCC have customer relations address at this same location.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks

Its probably the same, a lot of call centres are multi occupied, with q cards to read off. At least its in the UK.
 
Joined
4 Dec 2011
Messages
600
It's contracted out to Serco. Which is or was First Info which is or was Intelenet.

FGW do have some in-house staff based in Plymouth but I'm not too familiar with that part of the business.
 

pethadine82

On Moderation
Joined
16 Jun 2012
Messages
283
That is very interesting because from some of the letters I have received they have Indian names, now it could be that they employ British people of Indian origin, however what may be the case is that some of the work is outsourced to India.
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
East Coast customer service used to be based in Newcastle, from the days of GNER. It was contracted out a couple of years ago.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top