• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DMU's and Full width Corridors between vehicles. Aka s-stock style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwin_m

Veteran Member
Joined
21 Apr 2013
Messages
28,760
Location
Nottingham
I'd rather risk being thrown further given that I would be losing some momentum before I hit the floor than be hurled into a wall almost immediately.

If the deceleration that throws you continues afterwards then you would still be accelerating (relative to the train) so when you eventually hit something it would be that much harder*. That's one reason for the brace position on aircraft - your head doesn't have so far to accelerate before it hits the seat in front.

*and before someone points it out, yes I know this isn't an inertial frame of reference, but it seems the clearest way to explain it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTEd

Veteran Member
Joined
14 Jul 2011
Messages
20,377
The velocity relative to the train will peak and drop off again however as the distance traversed increases (due to friction and air resistance etc)

And it seems likely that a continuous corridor train would have a dimension greater than the distance for peak impact velocity.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top