• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disused South West French Rail Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeR

Member
Joined
16 Jan 2018
Messages
32
I live in the South West of France and I am slowly photographing the Stations (and other important structures) on the network of disused lines in this area. Some of them have been turned into a Voie Verte - a cycle/walking path.

I have just updated my Flickr Album on the Mont de Marsan to Nerac line, adding some more Station buildings. I hope to have finished most of these lines during this year. The link is:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskXgDQyZ
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
I live in the South West of France and I am slowly photographing the Stations (and other important structures) on the network of disused lines in this area. Some of them have been turned into a Voie Verte - a cycle/walking path.

I have just updated my Flickr Album on the Mont de Marsan to Nerac line, adding some more Station buildings. I hope to have finished most of these lines during this year. The link is:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskXgDQyZ
Thank you, I found them fascinating. Such character! I may yet visit SW France, but haven't managed it yet.
 

MikeR

Member
Joined
16 Jan 2018
Messages
32
My pleasure! I have Flickr Albums for a number of the disused lines in this area and keep meaning to put them into a "collection" to make access easier. I am also "tracking" (no pun intended!) many of the lines on Google Earth and noting Station Building coordinates into a spreadsheet. It is nearly finished and, when it is, I will put it on Google Drive with a link here so that anyone interested can download it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top