I'm trying to follow the 'Disputed Route Procedure' in the National Routeing Guide. This follows on from my thread on Selby to Doncaster Routeing. Given that there's an any permitted ticket clearly intended to allow travel via at least one of Leeds/York ('Any Permitted'), and given that there's one specifically barring travel these ways ('Not via Leeds/York'), it seems nonsensical that the only permitted routes are the direct link and via Gilberdyke. Clearly the intention was for the any permitted ticket to have more validity.
Gut instinct tells me I should contact the fare setter for the flow - but which? LNER who set the 'any permitted' or Northern who seem to have monopolised their 'not leeds/york' tickets? Another question is how to make sure it gets through to the right department and that the Disputed Route Procedure is followed. I do not have much faith in the initial contacts at TOC customer services.
Finally, does anybody have access to which routes were permitted prior to Hull Trains existing? As I imagine there'd be very few services indeed and a wider range of routes would have been permitted.
Gut instinct tells me I should contact the fare setter for the flow - but which? LNER who set the 'any permitted' or Northern who seem to have monopolised their 'not leeds/york' tickets? Another question is how to make sure it gets through to the right department and that the Disputed Route Procedure is followed. I do not have much faith in the initial contacts at TOC customer services.
Finally, does anybody have access to which routes were permitted prior to Hull Trains existing? As I imagine there'd be very few services indeed and a wider range of routes would have been permitted.