• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disputed compensation claim (need train running data longer than 7 days ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
I selected 120+ minute delay, as the service was cancelled. I've just re-read the rejection letter from LM and they say "we have checked the performance of the train you referred to and can confirm an overall delay of 19 minutes".

There is no reference to or inference in that letter that I got another service and this was not the service I was claiming for!
Did you put in a compensation claim or a refund request?

If the former, it can be inferred!

Back to basics... did you complete the Delay Repay form? If not, what did you do? What exactly did you write on the form/letter?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Joined
26 Nov 2009
Messages
13,762
Location
Yorkshire
I selected 120+ minute delay, as the service was cancelled. I've just re-read the rejection letter from LM and they say "we have checked the performance of the train you referred to and can confirm an overall delay of 19 minutes".

There is no reference to or inference in that letter that I got another service and this was not the service I was claiming for!

But you've said you travelled on the train behind. So you're not claiming for a train, you're claiming for a journey. Your journey (or overall delay) was 19 minutes late.
 

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,627
Location
Isle of Man
There is no reference to or inference in that letter that I got another service and this was not the service I was claiming for!

It's reasonable for London Midland to infer that, following the cancellation of your train, you took the next available train to get you to your destination. That train arrived 19 minutes after the one you intended to catch. Your delay was not two hours, and I don't see how you could reasonably ever claim that it was.

Yorkie, it sounds as though the OP used the web form, which has three drop-down boxes.
 
Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2010
Messages
10,821
I selected 120+ minute delay, as the service was cancelled. I've just re-read the rejection letter from LM and they say "we have checked the performance of the train you referred to and can confirm an overall delay of 19 minutes".

There is no reference to or inference in that letter that I got another service and this was not the service I was claiming for!



Were you 120 minutes delayed?

The answer is no, you were not. You were delayed by 19 minutes.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
I selected 120+ minute delay, as the service was cancelled. I've just re-read the rejection letter from LM and they say "we have checked the performance of the train you referred to and can confirm an overall delay of 19 minutes".

There is no reference to or inference in that letter that I got another service and this was not the service I was claiming for!

I thought we had already established that you have no claim to anything in this case.

I don't really know what you are trying to argue for.
 

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,307
Am I getting this right?

The OP seems to think he is entitled to compensation based on what subsequently happened to an individual train/unit, whereas the scheme is designed to compensate based on what happened to the passenger's journey between two places.

This is definitely an unusual interpretation of the compensation rules...

LM's reply should have concentrated on the effect on the overall service, rather than writing 'performance of the train'. It would save spurious arguments...
 
Last edited:

mb

Member
Joined
20 Jun 2011
Messages
62
I used their own smartphone app to claim. I can't get a screen grab, but I quote from it this exactly: "Delay Repay is a system where you can be compensated for part of your ticket cost if your TRAIN is more than 30 minutes late..."

The word journey does not appear at all. Or a link to the terms.

It's true to say also that the letter they send doesn't really make it clear (they mention service, not journey) and again makes no reference to the terms, where to find them or how they reached their decision.

So I hope it makes it clearer to some of the more idiotic replies that London Midland keep mentioning train/service not journey consistently, hence why you would think a claim was perfectly valid.
 
Last edited:

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Sep 2013
Messages
17,627
Location
Isle of Man
Yep, the Android smartphone app does say train, not journey.

Obviously London Midland need a better app editor.
 

talltim

Established Member
Joined
17 Jan 2010
Messages
2,454
Quick update to say that the iOS app has the same wording
 

Attachments

  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    64.1 KB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top