• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Disposing of Used Tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
27 May 2021
Messages
696
Location
Daventry
That's impressive. Have you seen the guy who wanted one for each station in the UK and had pinned them up on a wall?
There's a display on the Footbridge at Northampton where the Local Staff are trying to collect a ticket from every National Rail Station to Northampton. I assume they raid the bins on the Gateline and place them in alphabetical order in pockets on the Wall of the Footbridge. It's quite impressive and I always look to see if they've finally found one from somwhere obscure like Forsinard!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BazingaTribe

Member
Joined
7 Oct 2024
Messages
391
Location
Basingstoke
There's a display on the Footbridge at Northampton where the Local Staff are trying to collect a ticket from every National Rail Station to Northampton. I assume they raid the bins on the Gateline and place them in alphabetical order in pockets on the Wall of the Footbridge. It's quite impressive and I always look to see if they've finally found one from somwhere obscure like Forsinard!

That's the one!
 

Simon75

On Moderation
Joined
25 May 2016
Messages
1,531
. . . Apart from Delay Repay proof, theoretically you shouldn't, but I have read a number of "mistaken identity" and "false details" cases on this Forum where TOCs and Courts haven't done enough (or even anything at all!) to verify the accuracy of who's details they might be chasing, and if I was unlucky enough to be on the wrong end of one of these cases, would the old ticket, if kept, provide a complete defence?
I had a ticket swallowed by barrier, but still managed to get a delay refund, using the booking reference
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top