• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Direct trains on Avanti West Coast between BPN and EUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieDee

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2024
Messages
8
Location
London
Hi there

Does anyone know if there's something going on with the scheduled 11:51 direct service from Blackpool North to Euston ?? I'm looking to book it for early August but the Advance ticket allocations seem never to have been released for sale, despite other direct services on the same day being for sale. This seems to impact this particular service on different days, not just my indended day of travel

I've tried emailing Avanti West Coast and have been roundly ignored.

What I'm worried about is they might withdraw the service closer to the travel date and leave me having to buy a significantly more expensive ticket at the last minute
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

38Cto15E

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2009
Messages
1,119
Location
15E
See if you can book it from Preston on Advance, if so, then book the BPN-PRE seperately
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,832
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
They do keep murmuring about returning some of these "via Birmingham" services to Glasgow (which they all did before COVID; Blackpool is just a convenient long siding to avoid blocking platforms at Preston). If you can book from Preston, that does indicate the possibility that might happen during the currency of this timetable.

If you can book it from Preston, then I'd plan to be able to use an earlier Northern service to connect to it if necessary.
 

Peter0124

Established Member
Joined
20 Nov 2016
Messages
2,755
Location
Glasgow
Seems to say "Tickets Sold out" when I checked for Aug 8th (ie a random date in early August). Preston also says the same for that particular service.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,832
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Seems to say "Tickets Sold out" when I checked for Aug 8th (ie a random date in early August). Preston also says the same for that particular service.

Just means none have been released, I suspect.

I would be wary that there may be changes to this service (e.g. being switched to Glasgow or not running at all), and if possible would plan to use a different one.
 

StevieDee

Member
Joined
16 Jul 2024
Messages
8
Location
London
Looks like the previous week's tickets for this service have been released today so finger's crossed the same will happen for my date in a week's time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top