• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dilemma on my ALR Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexS

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,886
Location
Just outside the Black Country
If you have missed it, learn the lesson the rest of us people on the Brum to Aber line learned a long time ago - don't ever put anything seriously important on the timekeeping of the Cambrian trains as they're always been rubbish :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,144
Location
Redcar
Yep, 23:09 departure.

His service actually arrived at 23:08 but was shown as 23:10 (Terminating usual) so he had a minute. I reckon not.
 

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
Everyone start posting their late night pub / b&b ideas for wolverhampton and birmingham new street now!
 

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
So we all think he had no chance at BHM, but possibly made the connection at WVH ?
 

networkrail1

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
262
Location
uk (i think im lost)
Well i dont know i mean personaly what i think is.

He packed the laptop away just before wolves just incase he could make the connection, pulled into the platform jumped off the train just as the doors were closing on the EUS service.

Turned to get back on the train he got off and couldnt get back on so now he is stuck at wolves with no internet to tell us all, i do hope im wrong.

All the best.

Simon
 

junglejames

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2010
Messages
2,069
By the sounds of it, Simon made sure he was able to make the connection at Wolves (and he would have done), but if Sonic stayed on until Birmingham, like was suggested, he could possibly have missed the pendo.
 

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
He packed the laptop away just before wolves just incase he could make the connection, pulled into the platform jumped off the train just as the doors were closing on the EUS service.

If it had been me i would have kept one foot in the door of the first train and yelled across to make sure I would get on the 2nd train, presumably there would have been platform dispatch for the pendo at WVH?
 

AlexS

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,886
Location
Just outside the Black Country
I would doubt extremely strongly that Simon arranged any such connection at Wolverhampton since I believe he is a Pway guy based more easterly than Wolverhampton! :P I suspect he was speaking in jest :)
 

networkrail1

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
262
Location
uk (i think im lost)
I would doubt extremely strongly that Simon arranged any such connection at Wolverhampton since I believe he is a Pway guy based more easterly than Wolverhampton! :P I suspect he was speaking in jest :)

Humm maybe maybe not plus im alot more than basic P-way now adays but seeing as management come onto this site im going to keep my gob shut.

All the best

Simon
 

junglejames

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2010
Messages
2,069
I would doubt extremely strongly that Simon arranged any such connection at Wolverhampton since I believe he is a Pway guy based more easterly than Wolverhampton! :P I suspect he was speaking in jest :)

And there was me taking what he said seriously!
 

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
I would doubt extremely strongly that Simon arranged any such connection at Wolverhampton since I believe he is a Pway guy based more easterly than Wolverhampton! :P I suspect he was speaking in jest :)

If that were the case and I was sonic, i might be a little cranky at the joke, because it wasn't obvious to me, and I'm not under the stress of making the last connection on a train thats taking me to my bed...
 

AlexS

Established Member
Joined
7 Jun 2005
Messages
2,886
Location
Just outside the Black Country
I know vaguely who you are - I'm a GCR signalman/S&T among other things and unless I'm much mistaken we have at least one mutual acquaintance as a result (AH?) :) .

Probably wise not to go into too much detail on a public forum!
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
well if he's missed it, god forbid vt put him in the broad street travelodge, full of druggies last stay
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
well if he's missed it, god forbid vt put him in the broad street travelodge, full of druggies last stay

Send him to Snobs with beer money!

I've just read through this thread on the train home, expecting an exciting conclusion but an still holding my breath... Hope all goes well sonic!
 

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
Simon - any way to call the Pendo and have the guard look for an ALR? :lol:
 

bengolding

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2008
Messages
700
Location
Wentworth, Surrey
I got the 18:52 Virgin from Edinburgh to New St a few weeks back. Virgin were obviously keen to provide last connections from this train as we left Wolves at 22:52 with the 22:45 leaving behind us (the only train where I've had an entire First Class carriage on a Voyager to myself for 2 hours).

The 22:45 Euston arrived Coventry 2 early, Rugby 5 early and Milton Keynes 10 early (set down), so plenty of recovery time en-route if it left a few mins late from New St. Hopefully, if he didn't make it he went to the Customer Reception on the main concourse for advice!
 

networkrail1

Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
262
Location
uk (i think im lost)
well if he is on the VT then he is running 8 early.

All the best.

Simon
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
now VT is 1 early.

All the best.

Simon.

P.S. i think im starting to get a bit annoying now so i will shut up for a bit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top