• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Difficulty in buying tickets at a Ticket Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northernboy67

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2012
Messages
69
Last night (18/06/2015). I arrived at my local station in order to purchase advanced tickets from London Euston to Crewe. I had Rail Vouchers from Delay Repay. The Journey times were Outward on 3rd July 2015 on the 10:10 service. A website quoted £29 single. I was told that that was not available (£145 single!!). To come back on 5th July 2015 on the 14:30 train to London Euston I saw on a Website it was £24 for a single, yet he could only do £29. (yet the Virgin Trains East Coast site is stil quoting these prices today. And does not state if web only fares!!). I just don't know how these Ticket offices can work these prices. I would normally book online, but I am unable to use delay repay vouchers online. The Ticket office was Gillingham (Kent).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top