I think he's probably suggesting that it becomes more like the Network Railcard, i.e. allows an adult-only group (or one adult).
I don't really agree, though, I see no particular issue with different group sizes etc for different prices, though I would like to see a National Railcard at a higher price (perhaps something like £80-100 per year via direct debit) with no restrictions of that nature.
I was addressing the simplification proposition that you made in post #48 that:
- Friends and family - can be used, per card, for any group between 1 adult, 1 child and 4 adults, 4 children, one of the adults must be one of the named holders.
If that were to be the case, none of the other cards would offer anything better (except the lower annual price of the DSB railcard) so everybody else would just get an f&f. If it was necessary to have a child among the family or friends to obtain the card, that would be easy for most.