• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diesel at Wimbledon Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Not sure if this is the correct area for this post.

I was on the District line today coming into Wimbledon, just after leaving Wimbledon Park Stn, I noticed a Diesel loco with what looked like 2 intercity type MK 2 or MK 3 coaches behind it, but I could not see very well. They looked dark in colour, I was just curious what it may have been?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
Joined
6 Apr 2013
Messages
8,426
Location
nowhere
It was a Colas 47, and two translator vehicles, indeed for a 458 move up north. These particular vehicles have been there for a while now.
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
It was a Colas 47, and two translator vehicles, indeed for a 458 move up north. These particular vehicles have been there for a while now.

Ok Thank you, I noticed infact yesterday evening, (Friday), they were no longer there.
 

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,864
Location
Rugby
there was a Colas 47 & 2 coaches at Doncaster this weekend, wonder if it was the same one?

Yes, 47739 has been in use moving emus between Doncaster and Wimbledon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top