DaveHarries
Established Member
Evening all,
I haven't seen any posts for it here so I thought I would add one.
Didcot Railway Centre will hold an opening event for their new Signalling Centre over the weekend of Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th June. The new building houses, among other things, the preserved Swindon Panel.
The opening of the new building will take place at 12 noon on Saturday 23rd with the honours being done by Francis How, chief executive of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers.
Trains will be running on the lines through the railway centre, the signalboxes (ex Radstock North and ex. Frome Mineral Junction) will be open to visitors. There will also be various stands and exhibits from signalling preservation schemes, heritage organisations and railway signalling technology companies along with a swap shop for signalling notices.
Details, including a list of some of the visiting stands on the day:
http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/events/galas.html
HTIOI,
Dave
I haven't seen any posts for it here so I thought I would add one.
Didcot Railway Centre will hold an opening event for their new Signalling Centre over the weekend of Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th June. The new building houses, among other things, the preserved Swindon Panel.
The opening of the new building will take place at 12 noon on Saturday 23rd with the honours being done by Francis How, chief executive of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers.
Trains will be running on the lines through the railway centre, the signalboxes (ex Radstock North and ex. Frome Mineral Junction) will be open to visitors. There will also be various stands and exhibits from signalling preservation schemes, heritage organisations and railway signalling technology companies along with a swap shop for signalling notices.
Details, including a list of some of the visiting stands on the day:
http://www.didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/events/galas.html
HTIOI,
Dave