• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Didcot - Canary Wharf Season Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhard

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2011
Messages
63
Hi there,

From 2nd January I will be commuting 4 days a week from Didcot to Canary Wharf.
I'm wondering if there are any tricks I should be aware of in terms of ticketing - I assume a regular Zone 1-6 Annual Travelcard is the best value and I think I can buy from Oxford to get the additional free journeys (which may be useful on occasion).

Is there anything else I should consider - or any perks based on who I buy from?
I also guess it makes sense to buy early to get the 2019 prices - when is the last point to do so, and minimise any wasted period?

Thanks so much!

Al
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,152
A season ticket from Didcot - London Zones 1-6 is good value compared to the price of daily tickets. It's not really my area so I can't say whether there are any suitable splits.

Prices increase on 2nd January so purchase on or before 1st January. I'd but it from Didcot station as this makes things slightly easier in the event or a duplicate or replacement tickets needing to be issued.

The ticket should be issued as a Gold Card which has a number of benefits. See https://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/46573.aspx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top