• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Did something happen at Manchester Piccadilly yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugwash

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2015
Messages
1,995
Last night (around 22:30 I think but i'm not sure of the exact time) I caught a metrolink from Picadilly Gardens to Picadilly. On arrival in picadilly the routes to the mainline station were blocked off by staff and there were automated announcments saying we should leave the metrolink station by the street level exits. As I was exiting the metrolink station I saw what looked like a member of Northern staff coming the other way.

Once I got into the street, however nothing seemed out of the ordinary. I hopped in the lift up to the link bridge lounge, took the travelators back to the main concourse, grabbed some food in Sainsburys and hopped on a train home. The journey home was relatively uneventful, but we did seem to hit congestion getting into Stockport.

Did I catch the end of some sort of incident at piccadilly?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llandudno

Established Member
Joined
25 Dec 2014
Messages
2,752
Location
Matlock
When I saw the thread title, I thought you were referring to the fact that TransPennine had operated at least 50% of their scheduled service between Cleethorpes-Piccadilly-Liverpool….!
 

william.martin

On Moderation
Joined
18 Oct 2022
Messages
857
Location
Telford
I can't find anything however it could be to do with guiding people for the rail replacement busses?
The member of Northern staff could of been exiting the station for a multitude of reasons.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top