• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Did Scunthorpe ever have a direct London service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,988
Location
Airedale
At a guess, no (from Timetableworld.com):
the 1906 Bradshaw shows stopping services only; the 1950 ER adds a Leeds Cleethorpes semi-fast.
 

norbitonflyer

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2020
Messages
5,821
Location
SW London
I think it did. For a short period the Sunday service from Cleethorpes ran via Scunthorpe instead of Lincoln. I don't recall the exact dates, but I guess 1980s? (This was the only Cleethorpes to London service that ran at a civilised hour - during thge week the service ran at crack of dawn but on Sundays it was at lunchtime)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top