• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Determine equipment and onboard services for a route using online scheduling or app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve4031

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2017
Messages
90
I am currently using the trainline app to checks schedules and timing for various trips. The app tells me the railway company that operates the train, but little else. Is there an app or online web sight that tells me what types of onboard services are on each train?

When I traveled in 1988 I recall carts being wheeled up and down the aisle on some trains and that intercity 125 trains frequently had dining car and snack car service. I could determine what each train had by looking at the symbols in the large timetable that I purchased for 3 pounds 50. It is probably best to buy food in stations. The information helped me determine what equipment was on each train.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JBuchananGB

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2017
Messages
1,405
Location
Southport
The web sites of the respective train operating companies usually have downloadable PDF files of the printed timetables with all those symbols about whether there is a buffet car, restaurant or a trolley service.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top