• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Destination: Hainault via Woodford

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakerstreet

Member
Joined
29 Nov 2009
Messages
1,164
Location
-
Caught one of these trains last week mid afternoon pre peak.
I remember them being pretty common during the peaks some years ago but at some point individual Central line maps at stations and on trains have been changed not to show this route - with a same platform change of train always required at Woodford, again according to maps.
I know that Woodford via Hainault trains run all day but how often do the direct Hainault via Woodford trains run and are they timetabled, do you know.?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2008
Messages
1,926
Location
Birkenhead
A quick look at the TfL website suggests there are only a few trains each day that do this route. There are some additional services that operate Hainault - North Acton.

Only around 5 departures in the morning peak & I expect a similar number in the evening - and I expect only on weekdays too.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,191
Location
0035
There is train 026 which is the 1626½ from West Ruislip to Grange Hill via Woodford.

There are also a few morning trains which leave Hainault depot at the north end, enter service at Grange Hill platform and continue on via the loop and Woodford and onwards into The City. Train 034 which leaves the depot at 06.34 is the first such example of the day. There is also one in the evening.

You can look them up in the WTT: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/documents/wtt-67-central-15-september-2013.pdf. The Depot Working page shows all trains that go into/out of the north end with a 'G' after the time. The Rolling Stock Working page shows them as HAIDTG.

I don't however remember any Hainault via Woodford trains unless there's disruption, but there may be one or two hidden away in there that I've forgotten about.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top