• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Derby to Nuneaton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
3 Aug 2009
Messages
204
Location
Derby
I'm could go from Derby to Birmingham New Street, Birmingham New Street to Coventry and then Coventry to Nuneaton?,

I'm hoping to go on a LM 153 from Coventry to Nuneaton:D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
The only permitted routes are via Leicester and via Tamworth.

If you wanted to go on the 153 you could get a ticket from Derby to Coventry instead, which is valid via Nuneaton.
 

dvboy

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2011
Messages
2,039
Location
Birmingham
There are plans to upgrade Coventry-Nuneaton line, am I right in thinking? What this upgrade involves, I have no idea.
 

Eagle

Established Member
Joined
20 Feb 2011
Messages
7,106
Location
Leamingrad / Blanfrancisco
There are plans to upgrade Coventry-Nuneaton line, am I right in thinking? What this upgrade involves, I have no idea.

Two new stations, one in northern Coventry, one in Southern Nuneaton, and an increase to 2tph (possibly tied in with the Kenilworth station scheme). It's currently hit a brick wall due to spending cuts.
 

dvboy

Established Member
Joined
6 Sep 2011
Messages
2,039
Location
Birmingham
Two new stations, one in northern Coventry, one in Southern Nuneaton, and an increase to 2tph (possibly tied in with the Kenilworth station scheme). It's currently hit a brick wall due to spending cuts.

Thanks. I only ask as yesterday I was sat opposite someone on a VT from Birmingham to Coventry, who seemed to have notes about it (I was trying hard not to read them, I'm not nosey, but saw the header).
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top