Hi, I built an emulator for some of the departure lineup boards found across the ECML that are since replaced (Newcastle, York etc), the screenshot shows live data available for London Euston and York.
Initially the project began with me building a processor for the Darwin push port, but I found the data wasn't enough to fully supplement these boards (specifically formation data I found was only available for operators such as SE) so I had to move to alternative APIs. I also build a tool to design the dot matrix fonts seen here, there is not full coverage for all the fonts so there may be some missing letters but I haven't experienced this yet so I think it's quite comprehensive haha
I built the app using PySide6 and is available to download here: https://github.com/lrzo01/DepartureLineupEmulator
I would appreciate any feedback on this! A lot of this was done off minimal references and a lot of the behaviour is based off how I remember them working, so yeah any feedback would be greatly appreciated on any inaccuracies that might be seen.


Initially the project began with me building a processor for the Darwin push port, but I found the data wasn't enough to fully supplement these boards (specifically formation data I found was only available for operators such as SE) so I had to move to alternative APIs. I also build a tool to design the dot matrix fonts seen here, there is not full coverage for all the fonts so there may be some missing letters but I haven't experienced this yet so I think it's quite comprehensive haha
I built the app using PySide6 and is available to download here: https://github.com/lrzo01/DepartureLineupEmulator
I would appreciate any feedback on this! A lot of this was done off minimal references and a lot of the behaviour is based off how I remember them working, so yeah any feedback would be greatly appreciated on any inaccuracies that might be seen.

