• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Denied Entry to Station when services were still running

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxcc

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2012
Messages
454
Taking this at face value, obviously preventing boarding isn't on assuming the OP was being sensible, but if you're that bothered why not take this up with the operator instead of posting it here first?

Oh, and hardly the end of the world. Walk!

And if they were disabled? and could not walk far???
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gathursty

Established Member
Joined
31 May 2011
Messages
2,651
Location
Wigan
I'd like to add a question on this thread rather than make a new one.

Last year I pulled into Retford station in the early hours of the morning. Clearly the front entrance wasn't open but like some stations I know, there is a side entrance that is usually always open (Lockerbie, Tamworth etc...) at all hours.

At Retford there is a gate at the far south. To me it looked like you could push it open as the lock didn't seem to be across the gap (padlock on the inside).

Is Retford accessible at all hours or would the local police have quickly appeared if I tried the gate successfully?

I didn't touch the gate nor would I condone anyone trying to access areas to which there is no permission at that time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top