Sorry if this isn't the right place for this.
I was booked with my elderly mother to travel from Taunton to Durham on the 24th Jan this year. It was the day of storm Eowyn. Staff at Taunton told us that our journey would be terminated at Leeds but that there would be shuttles and staff at Leeds would help us.
We traveled to Leeds and there was absolutely no staff around at all to help, and because of my mother being with me we ended up booking in to a hotel for the night and carried on to Durham the next day.
I put in a claim to Cross Country trains which they refused, I then appealed and they refused that also. They stated that I should get a refund from Ticketline where I bought the tickets as we hadn't used them. Ticketline have said they can see we have scanned and used the tickets and therefore will not refund. Obviously Cross Country should be refunding me at least my full return journeys for me and my mother, I don't know where we stand with regards to the hotel in Leeds.
I have emailed and rang Cross Country to try and sort this, they have not replied to my emails and when I got through on the phone it was to India and the lady couldn't understand me and I gave up. I have tried contacting them on Twitter but they just say email.
I just don't know what to do now I feel I have run out of options. It's shocking they can do this.
I was booked with my elderly mother to travel from Taunton to Durham on the 24th Jan this year. It was the day of storm Eowyn. Staff at Taunton told us that our journey would be terminated at Leeds but that there would be shuttles and staff at Leeds would help us.
We traveled to Leeds and there was absolutely no staff around at all to help, and because of my mother being with me we ended up booking in to a hotel for the night and carried on to Durham the next day.
I put in a claim to Cross Country trains which they refused, I then appealed and they refused that also. They stated that I should get a refund from Ticketline where I bought the tickets as we hadn't used them. Ticketline have said they can see we have scanned and used the tickets and therefore will not refund. Obviously Cross Country should be refunding me at least my full return journeys for me and my mother, I don't know where we stand with regards to the hotel in Leeds.
I have emailed and rang Cross Country to try and sort this, they have not replied to my emails and when I got through on the phone it was to India and the lady couldn't understand me and I gave up. I have tried contacting them on Twitter but they just say email.
I just don't know what to do now I feel I have run out of options. It's shocking they can do this.