• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay: XC Refusal to Accept Split Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,657
I had a 5 way split paid out by XC just this week.
You don't say which leg of the split you were delayed on. As I say, XC's official position does seem to be to pay starting from the ticket where you first incurred the delay, and I have had other split-ticket delays paid out in full by XC without quibble in such cases.

Also, in the case in question, they paid without quibble, just not in full. There was nothing in their letter that said they were not paying compensation on the cost of the first ticket - it was only because I checked the amount that they had paid against my own record of what I had paid that I realised that they had not paid-out on the total ticket cost. I am not saying this applies in your case, but I suspect that many people will simply accept that the amount they have been paid is correct, and not check it - particularly if it has been awhile since they made the claim.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,657
So we have a situation now at Cross Country where it can be pot luck which member of staff gets allocated your claim. If you get the right person you get your delay repay but get the wrong person and they incorrectly refuse it. Lack of consistency.
Unfortunately, if you are unlucky and you get someone who refuses your claim, it seems that Cross Country will then stick to that position. In my case, when I telephoned to complain, the person I spoke to checked with their supervisor who agreed with the way it had been calculated, and when I then emailed to complain, the Duty Manager who replied also agreed with their response. This leads me to think that XC's official position is to calculate such claims based only on the second ticket cost.

I wonder if whether you have bought your tickets through a split-ticketing web-site might also have some bearing? It shouldn't make any difference, but if a consultant has previously had such cases over-turned due to a split-ticketing merchant supporting the claim, I suspect they might be more likely to accept claims bought through that merchant in the future. In my case, I hadn't used a split-ticket web-site.
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,912
Location
0036
I think the answer depends mainly on which staff member you get.
 

robbeech

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2015
Messages
4,904
I’d rather drink bleach than accept that as a gesture of goodwill. I’d be writing back to them to get them to accept that the money is due and not a gesture of goodwill. Only then would I pay in the cheque. (Stubborn sod I know). I appreciate with direct payments by bacs or Paypal or with rtv you can’t do that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top