• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay when train is cancelled short of destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skimpot flyer

Established Member
Joined
16 Nov 2012
Messages
1,939
As per the title, my train at my point of origin was not cancelled, but after Gatwick it terminated at Three Bridges, well short of Brighton.
Will it be rejected if I select ‘Cancelled’ as the reason for claiming Delay Repay?
I don’t see an option ‘terminated short of destination’
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrToad

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2024
Messages
52
Location
Hampshire
I had a similar issue a month ago, also curiously from Gatwick but slightly different.

GWR Train from Gatwick to North Camp terminated at Redhill due to "congestion" and resumed its return journey back to Reading from there, meaning it did not go to Gatwick. This meant I had to get a train 30 minutes later, arriving at North Camp 35 minutes later than I had intended. So put in for a Delay Replay and it got rejected as they were of the opinion that I could have caught another train to Redhill and joined the GWR service from there. I appealed as it would have either required getting on a train that left 5 minutes earlier than my original planned departure time, or would have had about 3 minutes to change platform at Redhill with luggage. The appeal was upheld I got a small refund.
 
Joined
18 Mar 2007
Messages
465
Location
North Oxfordshire
I have always used 'Cancelled' when my train has been terminated enroute, the most recent case was where a Chiltern 68 went 'pop' at Gerrards Cross and we all got turfed off onto a 165!
Never had an issue with the claim.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top