• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay repay on mixture of off peak return and two advances

Status
Not open for further replies.

styles

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2014
Messages
4,941
Location
Gwynedd
I was delayed by over 30 minutes on a journey recently.

The journey involved an off peak day return from my starting starting to a main interchange.

I then had an advance from the main station to the destination (tied to a specific TOC though I spoke nicely to a guard on another TOC to get on and earlier service), and an advance from my destination back to the main interchange station.

The TOC who caused my original delay says I should get 50% back on a single journey, or 50% back on a return journey.

Ordinarily I'd have thought two advance singles would be two single journeys, not a return journey.

But in the case of having a mix of an offence peak day return and an advance single in each direction, what exactly should I be expecting?

I've done loads of split tickets before including delay repay claims, so I'm anticipating a bit easy answer from them, but I don't believe I've ever mixed a day return with two advances and tried to claim.

For what it's worth, the outbound advance is more expensive than the return advance, so it's not even as simple as saying it doesn't matter!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,784
Location
UK
Delay Repay on split tickets is calculated individually for each ticket based on the applicable percentage and then added up. For any singles in your combination of tickets you get 50% back for a 30-59 minute delay; for any returns it's 25%.

So let's say you had a £10 Off-Peak Day Return combined with a £3 Advance on the way out, and a £2 Advance on the way back. You'd get 25% of £10 plus 50% of £3/£2 = £4 for a delay on the outward journey, or £3.50 on the return journey.
 

styles

Established Member
Joined
7 Dec 2014
Messages
4,941
Location
Gwynedd
Delay Repay on split tickets is calculated individually for each ticket based on the applicable percentage and then added up. For any singles in your combination of tickets you get 50% back for a 30-59 minute delay; for any returns it's 25%.

So let's say you had a £10 Off-Peak Day Return combined with a £3 Advance on the way out, and a £2 Advance on the way back. You'd get 25% of £10 plus 50% of £3/£2 = £4 for a delay on the outward journey, or £3.50 on the return journey.
Gotcha thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top