• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay on journeys ending at a joint LU/NR station

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarmicle

Member
Joined
11 May 2018
Messages
410
How is a Delay Repay claim measured if a journey ends on an Underground leg at a combined LU/NR station?

For example, let's say I am travelling from Woking to Euston and have an outboundary travelcard. My planned itinerary is from Woking to Waterloo, and then change for the Northern Line to Euston. I see two options:

Option 1: I could take the time of my arrival at Waterloo, then add the MCT between Waterloo and Euston. This seems to make treatment of Delay Repay heavily dependent on whether my final station is a joint LU/NR station, since if I were travelling to a LU-only station instead, there wouldn't be an MCT.

Option 2: Delay Repay could be argued to only apply to the NR leg of the journey, so whether I would be entitled to Delay Repay would be determined solely based on my arrival time at Waterloo.

I believe Option 2 is the correct Delay Repay treatment, but is this correct? If so, is there any entitlement to Delay Repay if, hypothetically, due to disruption, I ended up changing at Vauxhall for the Victoria Line, since I never travelled to the end of my NR leg?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,801
Location
UK
There's nothing in the NRCoT which defines what "journey" means. I would interpret it as ending on the last National Rail service you take, though. So in this case it would end at Waterloo or Vauxhall.
 

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,690
Some TOCs specifically say to not include any LU leg in your DR claim. And many joint stations don't have specified cross-London connection times, even some like West Brompton that are fairly significant interchanges.

I don't see the issue though. If you arrive at Waterloo say 30 minutes late, and add on the MCT for Euston, you get an arrival at Euston 30 minutes late. If you are instead going to an LU only station, say Oxford Circus, you are going to have to put Waterloo as your destination, as as far as I am aware, no TOC allows you to enter an LU-only station as either a start or end point. So again you would be claiming for 30 minutes. The end result is the same for both joint and LU-only stations. The arrival times may be different, but they are irrelevant, it is the delay that matters.

If you end your NR leg of your journey at Waterloo you would claim for that. If you chose to end it short at Vauxhall, you would enter your delay arriving there. You couldn't specify a delay in arriving at Waterloo if you didn't travel there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top