• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay not paid due to CrossCountry unexplained System Error!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrh2254

Member
Joined
31 Dec 2014
Messages
400
Over 3 weeks ago CrossCountry sent me an email saying my delay repay was authorised and I should expect a payment to my bank account within 10 working days. Well that was over 3 weeks ago!
So I called CrossCountry customer relations. A very nice person explained that they did not have my bank details to which I replied I supplied these with my claim. CrossCountry said 'yes I can see them in the system but unfortunately they have been deactivated? She then explained that on the CrossCountry system my claim was showing as paid but not received by my bank ? We concluded this was because my bank details were deactivated in the system(why this was we never understood).
CrossCountry then reactivated my claim thereby reactivating my bank account details and said I should receive payment within 10 working days.

So the morale of the story is dont just accept the email from XC saying your claim is approved and expect payment within 10 days, check your bank statements!

Seems very odd to me that XC do not have any control checks in place to ensure that claims showing as paid on their systems are actually matched with a receipt into a customers bank account ?? Had I not checked my bank statements I would never have discovered the issue.

Have others come across this problem?

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class800

Established Member
Joined
5 Feb 2020
Messages
2,112
Location
West Country
It's just common sense always check a company has actually paid you. I wouldn't trust a company as there are profit motives. Most times they will pay probably but worth checking
 

Kite159

Veteran Member
Joined
27 Jan 2014
Messages
22,813
Location
West of Andover
I had something similar earlier in the year with TfW Rail, authorised a claim for payment to get sent via Paypal for the Paypal payment never to arrive. Customer services was a bit hopeless (tried to blame me for entering the wrong email address when it was the correct email address), eventually having to go via the Ombudsman to get it resolved. No IT system is perfect, bugs do pop up.

I always mark those sort of "Payment sent" or "Approved" sort of emails with a star until I see the payment in the bank account, before I archive all the relevant emails/ticket scans.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top