• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

delay repay nonsense: can it get any worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allotments

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2020
Messages
181
Location
Cambridge
An email response from London Northwestern Railway delay repay team:

“We have been unable to approve your claim as the train that delayed your journey was not one of ours. The train was operated by London Northwestern Railway.

We have sent full details of your claim, to the Customer Relations Team at London Northwestern Railway. I'm sure they will be in contact as soon as they can, however if you need to talk to them their contact details can be found at www.londonnorthwesternrailway.co.uk.

If you believe your train was operated by London Northwestern Railway then please submit an appeal by logging on to your journey history.

When we have received this information we will review your claim within 10 working days.
Regards,

Delay Repay Team
London Northwestern Railway“
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,674
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
The ex-Abellio TOCs (like the First ones) use a centralised system acting on behalf of all of them. It's probably the case that someone accidentally removed the value in the TOC field and had to put it back in, resulting in a spurious email.
 

allotments

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2020
Messages
181
Location
Cambridge
Yes. That explains the{OtherTocName}placeholders visible when I submitted appeal.

Who runs the centralised system? I meet incompetence from them nearly every time I claim, wasting my time dealing with the fallout. Whoever they are they routinely show very poor knowledge of split ticketing, routeing and break of journey.
 

allotments

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2020
Messages
181
Location
Cambridge
An update on this delay repay claim: it's getting MUCH worse

Claim for delayed journey between Llandudno Junction and Foxton on 2023-09-15
was created on 2023-10-03 and
referenced LNR/DR/20231003/BCLJ
Train that caused delay was 18:13 Crewe-Euston operated by London Northwestern Railway
All required data entered and all tickets uploaded in a single jpg image

Emails sent/received:

3 Oct 2023, 17:58 Now with our team for processing

3 Oct 2023, 17:59 Ticket type missing

3 Oct 2023, 19:20 Being processed by one of our team as part of our additional quality checks

16 Oct 2023, 09:33 Unable to approve your claim as the journey details you have provided are incorrect. Please update your journey details.

16 Oct 2023, 12:55 Email complaint from me to West Midland Trains : obvious yet again that your delay repay team fail to understand valid routes, break of journey and split ticketing.

16 Oct 2023, 17:27 Unable to approve your claim as the train that delayed your journey was not one of ours. The train was operated by London Northwestern Railway.

17 Oct 2023, 14:51 Thank you for submitting an appeal

17 Oct 2023, 15:12 Complaint via feedback web form to West Midland Trains

24 Oct 2023, 15:39 LNR/DR/20231016/BLJW Thank you for your delay repay claim for the following journey. It is now with our team for processing. Crewe to London Euston on 15/09/2023 at 18:13. I did not create this claim which appears to involve part of my journey.

24 Oct 2023, 15:40 LNR/DR/20231016/BLJX We have not been able to process your claim due to mandatory information missing which I have noted below. County is missing. Journey doesn't appear to be valid. Ticket duration missing.Ticket type missing. I did not create this claim which appears to involve my journey.

24 Oct 2023, 16:20 LNR/DR/20231016/BLJW Being processed by one of our team as part of our additional quality checks
 
Last edited:

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
If you get a further rejection I'd telephone them. I had a high value more complex clain than normal claim rejected a couple of times by WMR. A call to WMR sorted it out with no problems.
 

Grumpy Git

On Moderation
Joined
13 Oct 2019
Messages
2,255
Location
Liverpool
If you get a further rejection I'd telephone them. I had a high value more complex clain than normal claim rejected a couple of times by WMR. A call to WMR sorted it out with no problems.

I agree, I did the same with XC, who approved it there and then with a follow-up confirmation email shortly after. However, their "10 working days" for the repayment to reach me has now passed without any refund!

They're either short staffed or incompetent (or both).
 

allotments

Member
Joined
14 Mar 2020
Messages
181
Location
Cambridge
@Hadders & @Grumpy Git thanks for your advice ~ I phoned LNR Customer Services and selected options for delay repay.

After 34 minutes delay on the phone I've already received - for the >1 hour delay - a refund of half the price of my return tickets but only 50% of the single fare. I didn't submit a single ticket for the previous outbound journey. So the calculation still wasn't right. Should be 100% of single. Appealed.

I also had the 2 spurious claims that were not created by me closed down (rejected).

Advised to try submitting split ticket claims manually by emailing Customer Services in future.

I'll update this thread in future if that method is successful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top