• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay - Great Northern operator, tfl ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamTin

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2010
Messages
6
Hi,

I have a question on delay repay which I'm sure is trivial so apologies in advance. I have done a bit of googling to try and answer myself and couldn't.

On Feb 5th I made a return trip from Finsbury Park to Baldock, operated by Great Northern.

I bought my ticket from the machine at the (new) entrance to Finsbury Park underground, which issued me a tfl-style ticket.

My return leg was severely disrupted that evening as the whole line was shut down for around 90 minutes due to someone hit by a train. In total I was delayed around 2.5 hours and I am trying to claim delay repay.

I assume I should fill out a Great Northern delay repay, as they were the operator? but their online form requires a 5-digit ticket number, with a couple of examples of where to find it on the ticket but showing only their standard ticket type. The tfl style ticket has no 5 digit number on it.

I was wondering if I need to claim from tfl instead as they sold me the ticket, rather than Great Northern?

any help welcome,
thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,781
Location
UK
Hi,

I have a question on delay repay which I'm sure is trivial so apologies in advance. I have done a bit of googling to try and answer myself and couldn't.

On Feb 5th I made a return trip from Finsbury Park to Baldock, operated by Great Northern.

I bought my ticket from the machine at the (new) entrance to Finsbury Park underground, which issued me a tfl-style ticket.

My return leg was severely disrupted that evening as the whole line was shut down for around 90 minutes due to someone hit by a train. In total I was delayed around 2.5 hours and I am trying to claim delay repay.

I assume I should fill out a Great Northern delay repay, as they were the operator? but their online form requires a 5-digit ticket number, with a couple of examples of where to find it on the ticket but showing only their standard ticket type. The tfl style ticket has no 5 digit number on it.

I was wondering if I need to claim from tfl instead as they sold me the ticket, rather than Great Northern?

any help welcome,
thanks
If you are delayed but nevertheless travel, you should keep your ticket as you will need to provide a picture of it to claim delay compensation (i.e. Delay Repay) from the operator that caused the delay. In this case that would be Great Northern.

You would only go back to the company you bought your ticket from (the retailer) if you decided not to travel, in which case you would be returning your ticket and claiming a refund.

If you can upload a picture of the ticket (covering up any card number/expiry date etc. if printed on the ticket) we may be able to assist you in locating the required reference number. However if you cannot find anything, the usual advice is simply to enter '00000' - the claim will likely be looked at manually anyway.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,804
Hi,

I have a question on delay repay which I'm sure is trivial so apologies in advance. I have done a bit of googling to try and answer myself and couldn't.

On Feb 5th I made a return trip from Finsbury Park to Baldock, operated by Great Northern.

I bought my ticket from the machine at the (new) entrance to Finsbury Park underground, which issued me a tfl-style ticket.

My return leg was severely disrupted that evening as the whole line was shut down for around 90 minutes due to someone hit by a train. In total I was delayed around 2.5 hours and I am trying to claim delay repay.

I assume I should fill out a Great Northern delay repay, as they were the operator? but their online form requires a 5-digit ticket number, with a couple of examples of where to find it on the ticket but showing only their standard ticket type. The tfl style ticket has no 5 digit number on it.

I was wondering if I need to claim from tfl instead as they sold me the ticket, rather than Great Northern?

any help welcome,
thanks
As stated above, enter '00000' in lieu of the ticket number, but don't mess about with this, you've only got a few days left to submit your claim.
 

JamTin

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2010
Messages
6
I did try uploading an image but it was too large apparently and rather than go through editing on my phone it's easier just to type what's on the ticket.

Everything on the ticket is straightforward (date, ticket type, station sold at, destination etc) except for a row of numbers at the bottom which reads
000036 <large space> 39 <large space> 0580 <large space> and then repeats date time and ticket price.

I'll go ahead and fill out the form with 00000 unless the above information means anything useful. Thanks for the advice :)
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,471
Location
London
I did try uploading an image but it was too large apparently and rather than go through editing on my phone it's easier just to type what's on the ticket.

Everything on the ticket is straightforward (date, ticket type, station sold at, destination etc) except for a row of numbers at the bottom which reads
000036 <large space> 39 <large space> 0580 <large space> and then repeats date time and ticket price.

I'll go ahead and fill out the form with 00000 unless the above information means anything useful. Thanks for the advice :)
Being an LU issue, the ticket number is 000036, 0580 is the Location Code for Finsbury Park LU and 39 is the "Window" number.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top