• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

delay repay following a journey by taxi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
12 Nov 2025
Messages
146
Location
Cranleigh
I missed my connection due to accumulated delays during the journey and the train company arranged a taxi for me. The taxi arrived about an hour after it was requested and I eventually got to my final destination shortly after midnight with 90 minutes delay. Am I eligible to Delay Repay in this case? If yes, am I correct in thinking I should be claiming 90 minutes delay?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,785
Location
UK
Yes, Delay Repay is due based on your actual arrival time at your final destination, vs the scheduled arrival time. If that was a 90 minute delay then you should submit your claim in the 60-119 min category (if the form asks).
 

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
In my experience, the staff at some stations will deny that Delay Repay is payable in these circumstances, but it definitely is, so ignore them. There was one incident at Newport where I had to recommend to my fellow travellers that they go ahead and claim anyway despite the almost authoritarian manner in which the staff member had told us we couldn't and mustn't. (We had missed the 01:50 to Hereford because the train from London was late). The claim was allowed, of course.
 

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,681
Yes, Delay Repay is due based on your actual arrival time at your final destination, vs the scheduled arrival time. If that was a 90 minute delay then you should submit your claim in the 60-119 min category (if the form asks).
Agreed, but I wouldn't be surprised if the claim was initially rejected for no valid itinerary, and had to be appealled.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top