• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay denied because of Manual TRUST input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RailwayRookie

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2023
Messages
288
Location
Norfolk
Hello disputes Gurus.

Travelling on 1T70 on 03/03/25 it was delayed at Potters bar due to a knackered freight running in Stevenage, arriving into King's Lynn around 23 minutes late. (Do forgive my i don't know the exact time but guarantee it was in thr 15-29 min repay bracket)

My delay repay claim was denied because the train had been manually input on Trust at 00:40, 14 minutes late or conveniently 1 minute under the threshold for compensation.

Considering the same train auto reported at Watlington at 00:39, and i don't recall it travelling 7 miles in 1 minute (420mph for those curious), Im inclined to say thats not an accurate input.

How can I stop my future claim being denied as there doesn't seem to be a non-automated process for this?
(Or someone with a brain to question how a service made back 7 minutes in a booked 9 minute journey)
No doubt If I say I stopped short at Watlington or Downham with the same delay I'm sure they will flag it as a false claim because of the previous one to KLN.

I know there are currently no auto reports country side of Watlington because of a TD fault but is blatantly defrauding customers out of delay payments Great Northern wilfully advertise really a good practice?

Regards
Railway Rookie
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,544
Location
LBK
Have you appealed the claim in the grounds you state? It’s unlikely to be a “blatant fraud” but more likely an error or omission which can easily be corrected.
 

RailwayRookie

Member
Joined
28 Jul 2023
Messages
288
Location
Norfolk
Have you appealed the claim in the grounds you state? It’s unlikely to be a “blatant fraud” but more likely an error or omission which can easily be corrected.
As the Denial email only gives the option of "if you submitted the wrong information resubmit your claim" or a link to the Email policy, I have resubmitted it for now in the hope a human will take a closer look.

I'm sure it's pure coincidence the Incorrectly input arrival time is just under the threshold to pay....
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,292
Presumably this is the train in question...


Concur with @RailwayRookie that something seems well iffy with what's showing as the supposed arrival time at Kings Lynn.
 

SuspectUsual

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2018
Messages
6,813
As the Denial email only gives the option of "if you submitted the wrong information resubmit your claim" or a link to the Email policy, I have resubmitted it for now in the hope a human will take a closer look.

I'm sure it's pure coincidence the Incorrectly input arrival time is just under the threshold to pay....

I’d resubmit, get the automated email response that gives a reference number, then email their customer services with the details of what happened and the evidence from RTT and ask them to intervene as it’s clear the data is incorrect
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,803
I'm sure it's pure coincidence the Incorrectly input arrival time is just under the threshold to pay....
As Network Rail staff are responsible for manual input to TRUST and NR are not liable for delay repay, I agree that it is unfortunate coincidence.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,544
Location
LBK
As the Denial email only gives the option of "if you submitted the wrong information resubmit your claim" or a link to the Email policy, I have resubmitted it for now in the hope a human will take a closer look.

I'm sure it's pure coincidence the Incorrectly input arrival time is just under the threshold to pay....
I don’t think any signaller at Network Rail is colluding with train companies to deny a handful of people a few pounds. They probably just input it wrongly by ten minutes.
 

LAX54

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2008
Messages
3,906
I don’t think any signaller at Network Rail is colluding with train companies to deny a handful of people a few pounds. They probably just input it wrongly by ten minutes.
Fat finger ? hit L14 instead of L24 ?
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,544
Location
LBK
Fat finger ? hit L14 instead of L24 ?
Something like that, but who knows. The signaller has no motive to get involved in delay repay for some other company's few quid.
 

westcoaster

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2006
Messages
4,509
Location
DTOS A or B
If you look at opentraintimes.com maps for King's Lynn might explain it.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250308_150058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20250308_150058_Chrome.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 146

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,642
Location
Merseyside
The departure time from the penultimate station and the final arrival time in King's Lynn cannot be the same. They're both listed as 0040. So clearly an error
 

JordR

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2014
Messages
234
Location
Leeds
i don't recall it travelling 7 miles in 1 minute (420mph for those curious)
It was timed at Watlington at 00:39:45 so would've needed to make those seven miles in 15 seconds (1,680 mph)!

With the greatest of respect to King's Lynn, I doubt there are armies of people desperate to get there at 00:26 on a Tuesday morning. :smile:

The amount of delay repay claims will be tiny.
 

saismee

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2023
Messages
1,745
Location
UK
If you look at opentraintimes.com maps for King's Lynn might explain it.
Does anyone know the actual cause of this? It has been broken for months and it is a real pain when travelling.

Are all times input manually due to this? Are we likely to see a post similar to this in the near-future?
 

saismee

Established Member
Joined
20 Oct 2023
Messages
1,745
Location
UK
One would hope that after this incorrect reporting has filtered through to the right people extra care will be taken inputting manual times in future!
I think it'd take a formal complaint or two before that happens, unfortunately.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Good news! It seems the issue near King's Lynn has been resolved and the map is now visible on OpenTrainTimes.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top