Due to the rash of strikes in the last year, I have multiple Delay Repay claims for delays or days when no travel was possible. Always made promptly online, I keep detailed records due to Cross Country's slowness and tendency to 'forget' about these. Lately a new problem has emerged - they simply never respond despite numerous chases quoting their unique reference number each time.
They've always been slow, then when awoken often asking for info already supplied (e.g. ticket details etc), but repeated chases of claims of 3 months age are often now bringing no response. I have one claim dating back to a strike day in early Feb, that's almost 7 months ago, totally ignored. Then out of the blue I can be paid for a claim 'just' a month old.
I've looked at the Rail Ombudsman site, but it appears they only intervene in delay repay refusals. By simply never replying despite multiple chases, are Cross Country effectively leaving me with no compensation and no one to complain to?
They've always been slow, then when awoken often asking for info already supplied (e.g. ticket details etc), but repeated chases of claims of 3 months age are often now bringing no response. I have one claim dating back to a strike day in early Feb, that's almost 7 months ago, totally ignored. Then out of the blue I can be paid for a claim 'just' a month old.
I've looked at the Rail Ombudsman site, but it appears they only intervene in delay repay refusals. By simply never replying despite multiple chases, are Cross Country effectively leaving me with no compensation and no one to complain to?