• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Definition of liverpool stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexjames

Member
Joined
2 Dec 2009
Messages
90
I imagine that this has been asked before but a couple of searches here have produced no joy.

I've got Advance tickets from Euston to "Liverpool stations". Is this valid for Liverpool Central to Kirkdale (walk from Lime Street to Central)?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2008
Messages
2,731
It is also important to remember, that a VT Only ticket is NOT valid at Liverpool Central, James Street or Moorfields.

For example, London Terminals - Liverpool Stns routed Virgin Trns Only. Once you arrive at Liverpool Lime Street you cannot use your ticket on any other services, even between Lime Street & Central.
 

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
1,432
Location
South Liverpool
But if it says "VWC + Connections" I'd say (I may be wrong) you could hop from Lime Street to Central on it.

As Tony Mac said, you'll need a new ticket from Liverpool Stns to Kirkdale (£1.90 sgl)
 

mickey

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
734
But if it says "VWC + Connections" I'd say (I may be wrong) you could hop from Lime Street to Central on it.

As Tony Mac said, you'll need a new ticket from Liverpool Stns to Kirkdale (£1.90 sgl)

Yes about the 'connctns' (sic) part. Also remember - for next time, obviously - that unlike most TOCs Virgin does sell advance fares that include local Merseyrail connections, so you can get a ticket through from Euston to Kirkdale at the same price - or at worst a few pence extra - as a normal ticket to Liverpool Stns.
 

tony_mac

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2009
Messages
3,626
Location
Liverpool
for the dates I looked at, advance tickets to local stations are now £4 - £9 more expensive than to Lime St.

That was definitely not the case when I last booked one.
 

mickey

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
734
for the dates I looked at, advance tickets to local stations are now £4 - £9 more expensive than to Lime St.

That was definitely not the case when I last booked one.

That's interesting. I've noticed they've been creeping up a little (they used to be the same price as the Liverpool-only ones) but they have tended still to be cheaper than the two separate tickets. I must remember to keep an eye out though if they're starting to get cheeky with it. That said, I do wish London Midland, TPE and EMT would start offering through advance fares on the same basis.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top