i would like to seek clarity around delay repay concerning a declined claim. I am receiving mixed and totally confused information . The customer service team recommend a re submission , but each time it is returned as declined. Contact with the CEO of Thameslink to obtain a dead lock letter , watch this space.
The situation is that on the evening in question my Train the 1801 from St Pancras to Stevenage was delayed until 1824 actual photographic evidence shows the departure board displaying 1825 and 50 seconds as arrived but not actually in the platform the reported time of arrival at st Pancras 1826 with a departure at 1827 26 minutes late . The arrival at Stevenage 1853 against a booked time of 1854 , this makes it 24 minutes late. My claim was rejected on the grounds that I should have taken the delayed Horsham to Peterborough train and I quote “The intended leg from 1801 London St Pancras scheduled to arrive at Stevenage at 1828 could not be taken because the train arrived late . The alternative leg from 1746 London St Pancras left 23 minutes late scheduled to arrive at Stevenage at 1813 arrived 29 minutes late . Total journey delay 14 minutes”
Does this mean if I had put the time of timetabled departure on my online claim as 1746 and a scheduled arrival as 1813 the train was late arriving at 1809 st Pancras my claim would have be honoured as I would have been working out the confusing train information on the display screens . Instead my usual train is the 1801 from which the correct details were added on the online form.
The situation is that on the evening in question my Train the 1801 from St Pancras to Stevenage was delayed until 1824 actual photographic evidence shows the departure board displaying 1825 and 50 seconds as arrived but not actually in the platform the reported time of arrival at st Pancras 1826 with a departure at 1827 26 minutes late . The arrival at Stevenage 1853 against a booked time of 1854 , this makes it 24 minutes late. My claim was rejected on the grounds that I should have taken the delayed Horsham to Peterborough train and I quote “The intended leg from 1801 London St Pancras scheduled to arrive at Stevenage at 1828 could not be taken because the train arrived late . The alternative leg from 1746 London St Pancras left 23 minutes late scheduled to arrive at Stevenage at 1813 arrived 29 minutes late . Total journey delay 14 minutes”
Does this mean if I had put the time of timetabled departure on my online claim as 1746 and a scheduled arrival as 1813 the train was late arriving at 1809 st Pancras my claim would have be honoured as I would have been working out the confusing train information on the display screens . Instead my usual train is the 1801 from which the correct details were added on the online form.