• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Decent greasy spoon Aviemore station

Status
Not open for further replies.

ge-gn

Member
Joined
5 Dec 2014
Messages
281
Be arriving on the sleeper into Aveimore. Looking for a hearty breakfast when I step off the train. Google shows cafes, but they seem to be coffee and cafe type of places...
Any recommendations appreciated. Ta.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leightonbd

Member
Joined
4 Oct 2013
Messages
366
Location
Was Edinburgh (South Sub) but more Strathspey now.
Be arriving on the sleeper into Aveimore. Looking for a hearty breakfast when I step off the train. Google shows cafes, but they seem to be coffee and cafe type of places...
Any recommendations appreciated. Ta.

The Mountain Cafe - turn R out of the station and it’s about 150 metres up the road, on the other side and opposite the police station. It’s above a shop called Cairngorm Mountain Sports. Does a great breakfast as well as all the cakes etc. Fabulous views too (weather permitting). Not a true greasy spoon, it’s a bit smarter than that, but the food is the real thing.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I've used the Mountain Cafe too - as said, not a greasy spoon (there don't seem to be any in Aviemore), and not the cheapest either, but a quality breakfast. From the cafe, I had the bonus of seeing 2MT 46512 back into the station unexpectedly prior to working a private charter, which I managed to negotiate a ride on. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top