Does anyone have any more info on the incident which closed HS1 around 17:00-18:00 yesterday evening? Apparently the 16:58 St Pancras Intl to Faversham hit some sort of metal debris near Ebbsfleet. Caused chaos at St Pancras in the evening rush.
All the more reason not to build HS2...
![]()
Definitely, my support has disappeared for it completely. Mainly because you can never get dangerous debris on a classic railway line.
Good call.
Well, one way of reducing railway deaths is to close all the railways, isn't it?
Does anyone have any more info on the incident which closed HS1 around 17:00-18:00 yesterday evening? Apparently the 16:58 St Pancras Intl to Faversham hit some sort of metal debris near Ebbsfleet. Caused chaos at St Pancras in the evening rush.
Sounds a little odd to me, personally...But not impossible of course. Collapse of a scrap pile near to the line, maybe?I was caught up in this last night - I was on the 17:12 from St Pancras and we were delayed for around 40 minutes in the Ebbsfleet area. We were told the debris came from a local scrapyard, not sure if there was an accident of some sort there.
I think this disproves that theory!Definitely, my support has disappeared for [HS2] completely. Mainly because you can never get dangerous debris on a classic railway line.
I think this disproves that theory!
Sorry chaps...My humour chip was turned off again!hock:
![]()
</Kryten>
Sounds a little odd to me, personally...But not impossible of course. Collapse of a scrap pile near to the line, maybe?
Just a guess but if windy it is quite possible for a sheet of steel or whatever to be blown quite a distance.
I don't suppose it was too choosy about whether it landed on a road, a railway or landed in a canal though.