• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Death at Alderley Edge, Jan 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
Our local website is reporting the death of a 50 year old woman from Wilmslow, having been struck by the 12:00 Plymouth - Manchester train at about 16:30 on New Years Day.

Does anyone know how this happened (not looking for her identity, which I don't think is in the public domain yet)?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
Our local website is reporting the death of a 50 year old woman from Wilmslow, having been struck by the 12:00 Plymouth - Manchester train at about 16:30 on New Years Day.

Does anyone know how this happened (not looking for her identity, which I don't think is in the public domain yet)?

Don't know the details, all I know it was actually at the Station, so 3 possibilities, she slipped, jumped or too close to the edge, sadly same outcome regardless
 

quarella

Member
Joined
7 Dec 2009
Messages
820
Our local website is reporting the death of a 50 year old woman from Wilmslow, having been struck by the 12:00 Plymouth - Manchester train at about 16:30 on New Years Day.

Does anyone know how this happened (not looking for her identity, which I don't think is in the public domain yet)?

Does it matter how it happened. (except to those in a position who. depending on the circumstances may be able to prevent a similar incident in the future).
 

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
Thanks NG. Just to clarify, I'm not looking for prurient details, just if it is considered an accident or not.
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
Thanks NG. Just to clarify, I'm not looking for prurient details, just if it is considered an accident or not.

Personally I doubt it (IMO) of course, the odds are stacked against an accident, and the time of year does not help, never nice tho
 

mikebillabong

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2012
Messages
8
apparently an inquest has yet to be oppened and there wont really be any details until that happens. this line runs past my house and I work in Wilmslow, not a great start to the year.
 

CosherB

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2007
Messages
3,041
Location
Northwich
My local station, although the report I read says it happened 'near to Alderley station'. Also, the police are not treating it as supicious (which confirms NG's thoughts). I just hope it's no-one I knew.
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
All the reports we got from Northern Control was "at" the station, as I wasn't there I couldn't say for definete but, who knows
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top