• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dean Forest Railway Gala 26-27th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

grh

Member
Joined
2 May 2010
Messages
35
Hi all,

Is anyone going to the Dean Forest Railway gala 26-27 June when City of Truro will be there???

Is it a good railway for photography during the summer months?? and if so, do they allow and sell lineside passes???

Do you know of some good location? One railway I have never been to.

Kind regards

GRAHAM
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class313

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2009
Messages
128
I will be there come hell or high water. As long as you know the right places, it is quite good for photography, if you need any help when you are there, just ask, as I am local to the area. Not sure about line side passes, but I think they do, if you ask. Once again, I will be very happy to help if required.:D
 

dfrman

New Member
Joined
22 Mar 2010
Messages
1
Location
Bristol
Hey,
city of turo if at the Dean Forest Railway already it arrived on monday!! and i had the first firing turn on her on wednesday just gone!! on terms of photography there are many good places for pictures especially from norchard to parkend. regarding line side passes unless you have a pts (personal track safety) card from another preserved railway or mainline you will not be allowed trackside. but there are plenty of footpaths running along side the line.

all the best and see you on the saturday if your down as im on 5521!!
Keirran C
 

grh

Member
Joined
2 May 2010
Messages
35
Hi there.

Many thanks for your help.

I phoned the railway today, and yes lineside passes are NOT available!! Shame.

So I will have to get a OS map and see if there are any locations that look good from public footpaths??

Been told top end of line is good.

Anyone know some places to shoot good pics and what direction and time for lighting??

Kind regards
GRAHAM
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top