• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Schenker groundstaff team member, Bescot depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wailway

New Member
Joined
13 Sep 2013
Messages
3
Hello all!

I'm new to this forum. I was just wondering if anyone had any info about the above role and the kind of duties that the DB Schenker groundstaff carry out on a daily basis? Am I right in believing that it mainly involves a lot of maintenance, checking and assessment of rail freight? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NinjaJihad

Member
Joined
25 Jul 2013
Messages
51
Hi Wailway,

The job description is quite vague but I think what you have described would be typical of the work involved on a day to day basis.

When did you sit or have you sat the assessment? I'm still waiting to hear back from the Wednesday afternoon session.
 

wailway

New Member
Joined
13 Sep 2013
Messages
3
Hi Ninja

Yes it was quite vague. I have done a lot of research into the role and found out a bit from a long serving family member in the railway industry, but I still want to make sure that I have as much info as possible! I had my assessment on Wednesday afternoon and had news that I passed all so just waiting to hear about an interview which is exciting! Give the person in charge a call.
 

NinjaJihad

Member
Joined
25 Jul 2013
Messages
51
Well done on passing wailway.

When did you find out? They said they would get back to me by y'day, so was a bit concerned not to hear anything. Was it the woman running the assessment that called you or HR?

They have a post for groundstaff at other locations currently listed, on both it gives this information

"Successful applicants must have the ability to quickly resolve day to day problems and ensure consistently high standards of service to our customers."

I'd expect based on that to have questions in interview along the lines of "Give an example of how you solved a difficult problem" and "give an example of when you have given excellent customer service" perhaps some more usual interview questions, how you perform in a team, strengths and weaknesses.
 
Last edited:

wailway

New Member
Joined
13 Sep 2013
Messages
3
Thanks. I guessed too that there would be the usual interview questions asked regarding strengths/weaknesses, customer services etc. I gave them a call, you'll find a number on the letter you received to contact the woman who ran the assessment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top