• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB London Spezial Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2008
Messages
1,695
Was looking for these at the recommendation on Seat 61. Are they ever actually available? Looking for London to Berlin and can't find any availability in standard class at all in the next 3 months, no matter what day of the week.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
29 Aug 2012
Messages
472
Have you tried bahn.com. I can a get London Special for the 1st Sept returning the 6th both first and second. It was the first dates I tried.

Best wishes, Stephen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Jan 2010
Messages
3,581
Location
Bo'ness, West Lothian
You may have to jig about with the connection times at Brussels to ensure travel on the few ICEs daily. London Spezials are not valid on the Thalys.
 
Joined
29 Aug 2012
Messages
472
The 10.58 departure from London will connect with an Ice so should have London Special.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Oscar

Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
11 Feb 2010
Messages
1,152
Location
Switzerland
The ICE trains leave Bruxelles-Midi at 06:25, 10:25, 14:25 and 18:25. You will have to include one of these in your itinerary.
 

williamn

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2008
Messages
1,695
Thanks. I was using the link from the Seat61 site which I think gives you all the right settings, but only 1st class fares were showing (which actually are quite reasonable for such a long journey). Will fiddle again.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Whenever I've looked, the 1058 departure has had a Spezial fare. I've always looked at least eight weeks in advance, though.
 

Oscar

Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
11 Feb 2010
Messages
1,152
Location
Switzerland
If booking close to the time you may need to include an overnight stop in Brussels and take the 06:25 ICE to find a London-Spezial, or at least a reasonably priced one. Sometimes you will need to put in a 2 hour stop-over in Brussels to find London-Spezial fares if the Eurostar and ICE do not connect. I'll also repeat a piece of information I often give: if there are 59 € fares to Aachen/Köln, then they are available to anywhere in Germany, as soon as this becomes 69 €, it could be 169 € to somewhere the other side of the country, and the price depends on the quotas for trains within Germany, not just the Brussels-Aachen/Köln quota.
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,981
Location
Airedale
Instant check for Tues 30 Sept (avoiding the 3 Oct holiday weekend!) gives
69 and 89 euros without the overnight stop.
 

deep south

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2012
Messages
87
I just booked one of these a couple of days ago to Heidelberg in Sep. I had excellent service on the phone and first class was only £15 or so more each way... Ticket arrived the following day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top