• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Days out on the Thameslink, suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
As the subject has defined and for the record I’m looking at the Thameslink network so nothing venturing onto Great Northern metals even if it is branded TL.

I’m looking at Brighton, Bedford, Horsham, St Albans and Rochester for starters, anyone got suggestions on where to go in those areas?

For example; pubs (what are the prices like both for meals and drinks), parks, rivers, sea front etc, I’m open to suggestions on what to do in those areas.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BluePenguin

On Moderation
Joined
26 Sep 2016
Messages
1,605
Location
Kent
Much of the Thameslink network is made up of uninteresting commuter towns. There are a few hidden gems though.

Rochester has a nice castle you could visit. Brighton and Greenwich are also excellent contenders with lots to see and do. There is a lovely cafe round the corner from Brighton station which I can never remember the name of (the Bystander?) which does great food that does not cost the earth. It is the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst waiting for a train.

I have been to St Albans a few times and found it very pleasant, the cathedral is well worth a visit if you have the time.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Much of the Thameslink network is made up of uninteresting commuter towns. There are a few hidden gems though.

Rochester has a nice castle you could visit. Brighton and Greenwich are also excellent contenders with lots to see and do. There is a lovely cafe round the corner from Brighton station which I can never remember the name of (the Bystander?) which does great food that does not cost the earth. It is the perfect place to relax and unwind whilst waiting for a train.

I have been to St Albans a few times and found it very pleasant, the cathedral is well worth a visit if you have the time.

I’ve been to Rochester Cathedral, St Albans I only really pass though, Brighton not been there for a while - the cafe sounds nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top