• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Day trip south of Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

zettie94

Member
Joined
25 May 2017
Messages
6
Hey

As some of you may have seen in the rail photography forum, I'm looking for spots along my Interrail trip route. I already received some suggestions, but I'm still looking for spots along the ECML south of Edinburgh, where I'm planning to spend a day on train photography.
On the satellite image it looks, like there are some good spots just south of Berwick upon Tweed (https://www.google.ch/maps/dir/55.7...c5a8252ac2b!2m2!1d-2.0107975!2d55.7740307!3e2).
Can anyone confirm this, if possible with an example picture?
Other suggestions are of course welcome too!

Best regards
Julian

http://www.bahnbilder.de/name/galerie/fotograf/24714/username/julian-ryf.html
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zettie94

Member
Joined
25 May 2017
Messages
6
I will of course take some shots of the Bridge too when I arrive in Berwick or before I leave.
But we have a lot of bridges in Switzerland ;) and we don't have a sea, so I'd like to get some pictures with the sea in the background.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,949
Location
Fenny Stratford
I will of course take some shots of the Bridge too when I arrive in Berwick or before I leave.
But we have a lot of bridges in Switzerland ;) and we don't have a sea, so I'd like to get some pictures with the sea in the background.

not bridges like this you don't ;)

Depends what you want. Somewhere slightly north of Berwick might offer some good shots but might be hard to get to on the train. Somewhere like Marshall Meadows might do.
 

zettie94

Member
Joined
25 May 2017
Messages
6
I found some very nice shots from near Marshall Meadows on railpictures.net, but as you say, it's almost impossible to get there without a car.
The spot south of Berwick is very easily accessible, there's even a bus to Spittal, but I couldn't find any nice shots from there with the sea in the background, so I don't know, if that's possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top