• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Damage to property by ticket gate: how to proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbdrb

Member
Joined
31 Dec 2013
Messages
160
Reading this reminds me of an experience where our tickets did not open the gate, and a member of staff opened it with their pass card, signalled for our whole group to pass through, but then it closed on my friend's wife, bruising her arm. I didn't see whether he held his hand over the sensor or not, but the attendant showed no remorse, just walked away.
I hope she got one of the "no fault" injury lawyers involved.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,938
Location
UK
I hope she got one of the "no fault" injury lawyers involved.

I don't think they close that hard anyway. I've had many gates (including the older ones) close on me, and I can always just push though. I doubt that any bruise would be in any way serious, and certainly not result in anyone suffering any actual losses due to medical treatment or time off work!

Even the ambulance chasers would probably laugh!
 

David Goddard

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2011
Messages
1,515
Location
Ely
I don't think they close that hard anyway. I've had many gates (including the older ones) close on me, and I can always just push though. I doubt that any bruise would be in any way serious, and certainly not result in anyone suffering any actual losses due to medical treatment or time off work!

Even the ambulance chasers would probably laugh!

Remember some people bruise very easily, dependent on all manner of conditions which are hidden to the outside observer. Living with a leukaemia patient for the last four years I know that only too well. Older people may have brittle bones or very thin skin and the slightest knock in the wrong place can cause bruising for weeks, or even worse broken bones.
 

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
2,087
Location
Ellesmere port
I don't think they close that hard anyway. I've had many gates (including the older ones) close on me, and I can always just push though. I doubt that any bruise would be in any way serious, and certainly not result in anyone suffering any actual losses due to medical treatment or time off work!

Even the ambulance chasers would probably laugh!

I have had the barriers at Marylebone leave me with a sore arm before and was quite surprised at how hard it was. It certainly didn't incur any losses though, all I had to do was show the attendant my travelcard and I was on my way!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top