• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Daily Tasks and Challenges of Train Operations and Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

EduardoAires

New Member
Joined
17 Jun 2025
Messages
1
Location
Lisbon
I’m looking to understand the daily responsibilities and pain points of professionals involved in train operations and maintenance. Specifically, I want to learn about:

  • Train operations planning (e.g., scheduling, routing, resource allocation)
  • Maintenance planning and execution (preventive, corrective, predictive)
  • Coordination between departments (operations, maintenance, logistics)
  • Common challenges (e.g., delays, equipment failures, resource constraints)
I’m trying to identify pain points and, in particular, pain points that could be overcome with new train remote functionalities.

Are there any train operators or maintenance planners I could speak with for a brief discussion?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top