BikesOnTrains
New Member
Hi RailUK Forum users,
I'm a Transport Planning student at UWE Bristol, and I'm doing research on the topic of cycle spaces on trains.
I also regularly use these forums under a different user name, and I've noticed it's a topic that comes up quite often, usually along with some strong opinions!
I would be grateful to anyone who ever brings cycles on board trains in the UK (or has done in the past) if they could fill in a short survey about cycle space provision. It is only 10 questions and should only take a few minutes to complete. The survey is fully anonymous and you are free to skip any questions you don't want to answer.
We're very interested in hearing what you have to say, and learning more about what people do and don't like about cycle spaces on trains, and the problems people face when using them. Hopefully, the results of this research can be used to inform the future design of cycle spaces, so let your voices be heard!
The survey has now closed- many thanks to everyone who participated!
Furthermore, discussion on the topic of cycle spaces on trains in general would be welcome in this thread. This need not be limited to the questions posed in the survey; we are also interested in your thoughts on (for example) reservations, paid cycle tickets, what routes should have more or less cycle provision, or indeed whether trains should carry cycles at all!
Thank you to everyone for having a look at the survey, and I look forward to the discussion in this thread.
Thank you also to the mods for allowing me to share this survey on the forums, it is much appreciated.
I'm a Transport Planning student at UWE Bristol, and I'm doing research on the topic of cycle spaces on trains.
I also regularly use these forums under a different user name, and I've noticed it's a topic that comes up quite often, usually along with some strong opinions!
I would be grateful to anyone who ever brings cycles on board trains in the UK (or has done in the past) if they could fill in a short survey about cycle space provision. It is only 10 questions and should only take a few minutes to complete. The survey is fully anonymous and you are free to skip any questions you don't want to answer.
We're very interested in hearing what you have to say, and learning more about what people do and don't like about cycle spaces on trains, and the problems people face when using them. Hopefully, the results of this research can be used to inform the future design of cycle spaces, so let your voices be heard!
The survey has now closed- many thanks to everyone who participated!
Furthermore, discussion on the topic of cycle spaces on trains in general would be welcome in this thread. This need not be limited to the questions posed in the survey; we are also interested in your thoughts on (for example) reservations, paid cycle tickets, what routes should have more or less cycle provision, or indeed whether trains should carry cycles at all!
Thank you to everyone for having a look at the survey, and I look forward to the discussion in this thread.
Thank you also to the mods for allowing me to share this survey on the forums, it is much appreciated.
Last edited: