• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cut and paste problem with Rail Advent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardGWR

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2013
Messages
4,981
I much appreciate the links this web site provides, but one does sometimes have to translate.

Here's an extract from a recent article on the GWR 5239 2-8-0T restoration project.

Six new Axlebox Crowds have been made and machined, only needing to be cut before ready for fitting. The Trailing Axleboxes have received new Bronze Insects. Whitemetaling will be done before the Insects are machined.

:)

I also don't know why they use so many capital letters either.
Here's the link.

https://www.railadvent.co.uk/2018/0...e-no-5239-at-the-east-somerset-railway-2.html
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MK Tom

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
2,458
Location
Milton Keynes
They recently claimed Bletchley was in Hertfordshire on an article about the 230s.

But I think it's important to support upstart sites like this as they provide much needed networking and information to glue the growing enthusiast community together and supply it with content. So I try to point out errors and issues politely to them in the hope that the quality will improve with time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top